About       Programme       Term Dates       Guest Artists       Tuition Fees       Apply       Auditions       FAQ       Contact       Workshops            

When and where shall I apply for the VISA?

The visa and residence permit application process will usually begin after the student has been accepted to study on the programme and after the Academy has forwarded on the required acceptance documents.

EU Citizens

EU citizens should obtain a temporary right of residence in Estonia. In order to obtain temporary right of residence, a student should register his or her place of residence with the Local Government authority of the place of residence within three months from the day of entry to Estonia. In addition, a student must apply for an Estonian ID card within one month of obtaining the temporary right of residence. More information can be found on the Estonian Police and Border Guard Board web page:

Non-EU Citizens

All students who are not EU citizens (including EEA countries and Switzerland) need a temporary residence permit for study. Students have to apply for a temporary residence permit for study at the nearest Estonian Embassy or Consulate in their home country or country of residence. If there is no Estonian Embassy or Consulate in your home country or country of residence, you should contact the nearest Estonian Embassy. More information about the application process and all the required documents (including legal income proving certifications) can be found from Estonian Police and Border Guard Board website.

All third-country nationals who already legally reside in Estonia and wish to study at master’s level have a right to apply for the residence permit for study at the Police and Border Guard Board in Estonia. A Temporary Residence Permit for Studies is issued for the duration of nominal studies. Students from third countries have to register their place of residence in the Local Government authority within 1 month from the arrival to Estonia on the basis of residence permit for study. More information about D-visa can be found here https://vm.ee/en/long-stay-d-visa

For more VISA information please contact us via email info_cppm@eamt.ee or call us +(372) 6675733.

          Estonian Academy of Music and Theatre
Tatari 13, Tallinn 10116
+372 6675733